Winter Retreat Info
We're excited you're coming on Winter Retreat... it's shaping up to be a great time! Take a loot at the info below and if any questions remain after reading through it, just let Ben know!
If you have not already paid, that's okay. Just make sure you bring your $20 with you Friday before we depart.
- Main Group meets at University Presbyterian Church parking lot by 3pm to depart. We will text you Friday morning to remind you of your departure time. Please show up a few minutes early to pack.
- Everyone not listed under "Late Group" or "Driving Yourself"
- Late Group meets at University Presbyterian Church parking lot by 6pm to depart. We'll text you Friday morning to remind you of your departure time. Please show up a few minutes early to pack.
- Henrique, Chelsea, Julia, Nayara, Amanda, Thea
- Driving Yourself? A couple of you have schedule conflicts and must drive yourselves. Here are directions to Aspendale Mountain Retreat (scroll down to the bottom of the page to find directions). Make sure you follow the directions linked above instead of just typing "Aspendale" into your phone. Your phone will likely lead you the wrong way and leave you at a dead-end, as we've discovered in years past.
- Kyle, Leslie, Simeon, Jasmine
- We will be back in Cruces around 6pm. If you have a legitimate schedule conflict that requires you to leave the retreat early, please let Ben know as soon as possible.
- *A Personal Plea* Please don't make plans to leave the retreat early unless you've specifically talked about it with Ben. Believe it or not, when individuals resort to an "every man for himself" mentality and begin to peel off throughout the last hours of the retreat, it can have a negative impact on the whole group. This is a brief 24-hour retreat and we've made plans to be back to Cruces by 6pm Saturday to accommodate everyone facing homework, studying, social plans, etc. Thanks for being a team player here :-)
___ Warm clothes (layers, warm clothes/winter coat/warm shoes/winter hat/gloves, etc)
___ Pillow, sleeping bag, blanket or sheet (the bunkbeds have a bare mattress—you’ll need either a set of twin sheets/blankets or a sleeping bag)
___ Toiletries, towel, shower shoes, soap, shampoo
___ Personal Items (medicines, creature-comforts, boardgames, cards, sports stuff...) Flashlight or headlamp
___ Nalgene or other water bottle
___ Pen, Bible, paper or notebook for taking notes (if you don't have a Bible Ben will have a couple extras)
** NOTE: The internet up there is pretty bad. They have it, but it's unreliable and has a weak signal.
Rough Schedule of Retreat
FRI Afternoon: Arrive at Aspendale, unpack, hang out, recreation
FRI Evening: Eat dinner, gather up after dinner for singing and Message #1
FRI Late Night: Hang out, campfire and s’mores, boardgames, Capture the Flag, bed
SAT Morning: Message #2, attend Seminar #1, lunch
SAT Early Afternoon: Attend Seminar #2
SAT Rest of Day: Recreation (sports tournaments, games, board games, hanging out, free time, ropes course/rock climbing, etc)
SAT 4pm: Finish cleaning up, packing up, depart for Cruces around 4:30pm